Some may find it hard or redundant to read to a infant daily, but our family absolutely loves reading! We are a reading family. We read when we are sad, mad, happy, bored , just about all the time. A lot of the time we get in trouble with each other and others for reading instead of interacting, but we both just find liesures reading to be an essential part of lives. So, we when reading was also going to be a major part of raising River.
We read to River daily and she loves it! We prepare to read to River during the day before or after a nap. We also read to River when she is cranky ,playing is gotten boring and need something to do, or just to kill time. Reading is not something we do just as a bedtime routine. We also take River to StoryTime at the library so she can hear other people read out loud.
There are many befits to reading aloud, according to cameverlands:
- Children who read often and widely get better at it
- Reading exercises our brain
- Reading improves concentration
- Reading teaches children about the world around them
- Reading improves vocabulary and language skills
- Reading develops a child’s imagination
- Reading helps children to develop empathy
- Reading is a fun.
Here are some of the thing we read to River:
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear
- Are You My Mother
- The Cat In The Hat
- One Fish, Two Fish
- Really Anything Dr.Seuse
- AND More…..
What do you read to your child? How Often?